The 15 Commitments of Conscious Leadership, Pt.2
#SPKup Episode 6
Commitment 8 – Express Your Zone of Genius
- This commitment is all about finding that one thing that you do well and love to do. Similar to concepts like “unique ability” and flow state, your “zone of genius” is the area where you make the most valuable, creative contribution.
Commitment 9 – Remember to Play
- Contrary to what most of us are taught earl in life, work doesn’t have to be nothing but stress, misery, and toil. Play, laughter, and improvisation are vital to being productive and fulfilled. (Besides, what good is life without a little bit of laughter?)
Commitment 10 – Consider the Opposite of Your “Story”
- We all have a “story” – it’s the way we see the world, the assumptions we take with us when we approach problems. The idea here is to consider that the opposite of your story is as true or truer than your own.
Commitment 11 – Be Your Own Approval
- Commit to being your own source of approval, rather than relying on it from others.
Commitment 12 – Recognize You Have Enough
- How many times have you caught yourself saying “if only I had enough time. Enough money. Enough support. Enough space. Enough energy.” This commitment reminds us that this imagined state of “enough” is never going to happen, and asks us to be satisfied in what we have now – and get stared solving problems!
Commitment 13 – See People as Allies
- Whether or not you consider someone an ally or obstacle is largely a matter of choice. So which would you rather have, enemies or allies? Choose allies.
Commitment 14 – Win for All
- Recognize that life is not a zero-sum game and commit to creating win-for-all outcomes.
Commitment 15 – Be the Resolution
- Finally, the most important commitment – be the resolution the world needs. Stop being content with apathy and recognize problems as opportunities to step up and become the solution.
To see more of what the 15 Commitments look like in action, check out the Conscious Leadership Group.
- The 15 Commitments of Conscious Leadership by Jim Dethmer, Diana Chapman, and Kaley Klemp
Introducing SnackNation Market.
For the past few years SnackNation has only been available to businesses, but now it’s available for homes and awesome individuals too.
SnackNation Market brings health- and taste-conscious folks expertly curated boxes of the most delicious, innovative and healthier snacks right to your doorstep. With SnackNation there is no more worrying about having a weak, unhealthy and tasteless snack game.
We’ve secured a special offer for the listeners of this show: you can try SnackNation for FREE.
Just visit SnackNation.com/AO right now, and get your first box free (just cover shipping and handling).