Episode 113 | How to Master the Art of Hiring
Advanced Hiring Secrets w/ Sean Kelly
Have you ever wondered where the word ‘company’ comes from?
Most of us use it interchangeably ‘business,’ but it’s not quite the same thing. It’s actually a lot simpler than that. The etymology tells us that company is a military term that simply means a body of people.
Company = people. Literally.
It’s not a coincidence. Your product, brand, customer care, all that valuable IP – that’s all created and managed by people. That makes people your most valuable asset.
So if people are everything in business, then it’s absolutely critical that you hire well. In this episode, Sean gives you the hiring secrets that have served him over the last ten years-plus that he’s been running companies. You will learn:
- The importance of hiring, and how it impacts culture.
- How to break down the formality of interviews and get authentic answers instead of canned ones.
- The single best question to ask in an interview.
- One question you should get rid of.
- The most important traits to look for when making a new hire.
- How to recognize a hiring mistake, and how to quickly correct it.