Episode 119 | How to Develop an Irresistible Employer Brand
with SnackNation CEO Sean Kelly
“Employer Brand” is a pretty buzzy word these days. It seems like it’s on the lips of every recruiter, HR pro, and CEO as they try and figure out how to differentiate their workplace from the rest.
But is it just a buzzword, or something more meaningful? Better yet, should you even care about employer brand?
Well if hiring, culture, retention, or company performance are important to you, then the answer is a resounding yes.
In this episode, we break down the concept of the employer brand, and discuss how it can supercharge your culture and retention while providing some old fashioned brand marketing too. You will learn:
- What “employer brand” really means and why it’s important for CEOs and HR pros.
- Who in the org is most responsible for employer brand – HR, CEO, or Marketing department.
- How your employer brand can be your best form of brand marketing.
- Whether employer brands are created or discovered.
- How to ensure your employer brand stays consistent over time, even as your company changes.
- The roles that hiring and onboarding play in employer brand.
- The things that can threaten an employer brand, and how to safeguard against them.
- Harvard Business Review: CEOs Need to Pay Attention to Employer Branding
- Wade Burgess: Research Shows Exactly How Much Having a Bad Employer Brand Will Cost You