Episode 41 | 7 Tips For Living Your Best Day Ever
As we’ve often said on this podcast, “time management” is a bit of a misnomer. Strictly speaking, you can’t manage time. We’re all given the exact same 24 hours – no more no less. And yet, it feels like some people are able to do so much more with those 24 precious hours than others.
So what’s the difference between the person who always feels behind, perennially chasing and never out in front of their to-do list, and the high achieving rock star, who seems to effortlessly squeeze every ounce of magic out of the day?
It’s not by accident. There’s a reason that some people consistently get more done than the rest.
That’s what this episode is all about: 7 steps to set yourself up to have your best day ever – everyday.
In this episode, I focus a lot on my personal morning routine. Why? Because I firmly believe that how we spend the first hour of your day has the biggest impact on our ability to be the best version of ourselves. By cultivating good morning habits, we can increase the likelihood of having a phenomenal day, again and again.
Keep in mind, my exact routine won’t be perfect for you. It shouldn’t – it’s something I’ve developed over eight years of trial and error. It’s tailored to my specific needs, and I’ve tweaked and improved it countless times. But the method I’ve used to develop it WILL work for you, and you can certainly borrow what works from my routine and apply to your morning ritual.
- Why it’s so important to plan after you’ve had a chance to recharge and rejuvenate.
- Why your morning plan should be a malleable framework, not a rigid guideline.
- Why you must define what fulfillment means to you.
- Why exercise is such an important part of anyone’s morning, and what you can do if you feel like you never have enough time to hit the gym.
- Why it’s about progress, not perfection.
- My “3LP” method for evaluating tasks.
- Why it’s so essential that you calendar your day the night before.
- My 7 step morning routine.
This episode is brought to you by the snack geniuses at SnackNation.
SnackNation is a healthy office snack delivery service that makes healthy snacking fun, life more productive, and workplaces awesome.
To try a free SnackNation discovery box (featuring 15 delicious snacks your team will love), visit get.snacknation.com/ao. You’ll also receive a complimentary copy of the 2016 Ultimate Guide to Creating An Awesome Office.